Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just some words...........


Today was a sad day on the work front, but I have to put it in the back of noggin and move forward.  Always so many changes, I am getting used to the shock and then sucking it up and taking care of business unfortunately!  Taking on more work and responsibility again, but will be able to do accomplish from home this time.  On the bright side, I have lots of experience to add on to my skills list ;)

Bailey got her license today, it is crazy sitting in the DMV and looking at your once little girl getting into a car to drive herself.  I can't help but tear up and have lots of memories going through my head.  She is a great driver and I trust in her completely, but still so scary letting them loose on those scary roads.  We must accept the fact though that our babies do grow up, but MAN...does it happen so damn fast or what? I could not be any more proud of my girls and who and what they have become and are becoming.  It is such a gift to watch this, and not only my girls, but their friends who they have grown with as well.  The young are so amazing if you really just stop and watch.  I, myself learn so much from them still.  Cheyenne is thinking about joining the swim team...she has been blessed with being a "fish" from day one.  Being raised on a private lake probably has much to do with that, but seriously as soon as that child could walk, she had no fear of the water and absolutely loved it and she is a natural...very strong swimmer! That is a big commitment, but will be good for her in so many ways! Brianna and I talk so much now and I love it, she is doing absolutely great at NIU, despite the crazy happening that we had 2 weekends ago.  Everyone has a crazy roommate story, but we got the "Lifetime" movie roommate. She pulled a knife on Bri and although no one was hurt and police were fast on the scene and took care of it very well...it was so very scary for her, Pat and Other roommate Paige and not to mention Mommy who gets this 3 am phone call.  All is ok, the girl was kicked out of NIU of course, but not a fun first year with that.  Always craziness happening in our lives huh?  

I have so many people in my life right now that are battling unfortunate events and although you always reach your hand out to offer your help, it seems as if you can't ever make things better for anyone.  I know that everyone has to make good on their own issues, but I wish I could always do more and make things better for so many. I absolutely hate watching anyone suffer, although suffering does build character and strength to a very high degree if you live it all fully and you are true to yourself.  All I can do is be there and make sure they know that I am here for anything no matter what.  Knowing you have someone if you need them just might be the only thing that you need anyways right?

2012 is my year as stated before for focusing on organization and slowing down a bit.  I have already knocked the crap out of this and I am so proud of myself.  I don't know about you, but when I knock one thing out..WATCH OUT because I get so compulsive as I check things  off the list.  I get more and more into taking care of that whole list after I tackle one item.  I have made lots of checks already and I can't believe it, it builds my confidence up and makes me even more productive. Try it once, make a list, post it somewhere and start going! I will add this tidbit as well, since I am a techy girl...my life is run on some sort of electronic device pretty much at all time, with that being said...I have apps for my entire existence pretty much, but one app is absolutely incredible for staying organized and even more so for those of us that live the life of using technology to its fullest for even your personal life. The app is called Springpad, it is so great!! It has already changed my life to say the least...I use it at work, but more so for my personal life has it made things so much easier for me!  Check it out; it may be of value for you as well! And it is FREE! 

If you read my posts, you would have understood that I have taken the "I’m not taking any more negative behavior, criticism and simply ugly behavior anymore" train! I cannot tell you the satisfaction this has given me. I so wish that I would have had the strength to have done this earlier in my life, but that is ok.  I feel empowered. I have found a piece of Sheryl that was in there but I could not release!  It feels so good not to feel the need to kiss someone's ass just to keep peace; I am so done with that...family or not, I’M DONE!  I have been through some very troubling times and looking back now, I put up with more ill behavior from others on top of the pain I was already going through...who wants to accept that into their lives?? I sure thought I did, but ohhhhhhh how nice it is not to be bothered by it anymore! The sad thing is, is even though I removed myself from the situations, I watch it continually happen..kind of like a sickness and the funny thing is...there is no involvement at all on my end which makes it all the more confident in my decision.  Minds need to grow and learn and accountability be taken for actions played out.  I am learning that as well but I am far from this level!  Until that happens, I will continue as I am...and that is HAPPY!

I have been practicing my guitar and it is a lot harder then I imagined or maybe I am taking on too much too fast...If you know me, I do not like to wait for things...so I jumped a few levels and tried just playing songs I want to play instead of learning the basics, so I am going back and forth a bit on that...I am learning lots though and it is so very relaxing.  I am not going to promise this yet, but I have strong intentions to join a gym here soon.  I feel that if I pay for something, I will more likely keep on it, but I am not sure on that.  I have been changing my eating habits as well to try and eliminate my severe food allergies, so I don’t want to overwhelm myself with drastic change because then I will lose interest too fast.  But I need to do it all for sure! I sure wish Mchenry had an enclosed pool that was open to the public, I could swim daily and it is so good for you! We will see how the next couple weeks unfold.

Again, I need to go off to dreamland so that I am rearing to go for a productive work day tomorrow.  I hope all is well in your world and if not, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment