Saturday, January 1, 2011

Much needed Changes I will do for the new Year!

I am taking a relaxing break today and thinking about things that I want to explore this year and came up with many new ideas that are just for me, but for friends, family, children.  I want to start a dinner club of some kind.  I am going to do some research into it for some fun and clever ideas. Not just for going out to dinner but potluck dinner club, I think it will be a great way to entertain together, learn new recipes and a great excuse for being together. 
I have already expressed my excitement for buying a guitar and taking lessons, I am so very excited about this, and I cannot wait to start. I need suggestions for where and whom I should be seeking out for my lessons.  I absolutely can't wait to play by a fire!
I also need to focus on yelling, although I know I am a good mom, my patience sometimes is one that could definitely be worked on.  I need to learn to count before I speak and I am hoping this will be easier now that I will have a lot more free time and less stress and constant pressure of getting things done.
This is a fairly odd focus as well, but I am going to start couponing a bit more for all parts of my life.  I just feel that there is so much saving out there that I can do and I intend on doing that.  Of course with all other aspects of life, you need to put effort into things, they are not going to just fall into place.  I see a friend of mine Rae-Ann Barthel posting her savings all the time and I intend on being able to do the same ( I think I will be hitting her up for the in on this, hope she is willing to share).
My finances in general are going to be on a totally different level.  I have always used tactics in the workplace that for whatever reason, I never bring home.  When you see your expenses daily, whether that is writing down your expense, entering them in financial software program (which is what I will be doing) or simply going over on a daily basis is the key.  When you see them all at once, it makes a HUGE difference. This will for sure make your expenses go down very fast, but you need to stick to it. Doing that and combining some sort of savings/coupons process, will result in more money in your pocket to SAVE, not spend but SAVE and INVEST.  It is so easy to spend and when you do it sporadically, you do not realize how much you really are spending.  It might disgust you. 
Although, I am quite organized in my head, I do not always follow through as I should with that organization.  I don't know how you are, but if I have a list, that list MUST get done. I will also start focusing on a structured organizational process. We all have too much going on and when you have a structure, you will get more done and be more efficient. I want to plan our meals, which I see a friend of mine as well do Vicki Schutze; she has made all dinners on the weekend and has them ready for the week (Smart move).  I think this will help with life in general. With all this and more, I know I will have more quality time for friends and family and more time for "ME".
I am so open for learning and exploring new things this year and here on out.  Life is a ticking and I want to get in as much as I can. I want to live LIFE!!!
I hope everyone gets to be and have what they want in life, if not ...reach your hardest for it and attain it, nothing is unreachable.  I firmly believe you can get what you want if you want it bad enough! Happy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment