Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Open Heart and Open Mind = Eternity of Happiness and Love

 

Now that I have graduated and have a few other things out of my life and taken care of, my time has come to focus on wants and needs that have been put on the back burner for way too long.  I have learned so many things in my past ventures and it is great to be able to recognize this and actually use these lessons daily in my life.  No longer will I be living life for others that take and destroy and hurt.  From here on out, I will be living my life and guiding my children's lives with the outlooks and knowledge that I have carried with me my whole life but never had the courage or self-confidence to express. Although I am not a changed person, I most definitely will be expressing my inner self that I always knew but maybe others did not.  I lived far too long trying to please everyone else and act upon everyone else's thoughts and perceptions. I will never stop the giving or caring or any part of my personality that is positive, but I will not live the pain that I have let encompass my life by never standing up for myself.  Those days are now over.
With that, comes many changes in my life, and that pertains to many aspects of my life, some which I will not discuss due to the simple fact that discussion just shows that it is still lingering and I have stopped it, so the discussion will stop as well. 
My point in life at this very moment has never been more rewarding and I have spent an enormous amount of time reflecting upon this. The place that I have worked myself towards is more than I expected in this short of time and I am most definitely proud of that.  I have had some unexpected events in my life good and bad, although one may be stronger than the other, I choose to look at it as equal. I can say that I feel complete, complete for the first time in my life.  Now, I don't know if that is because I have matured, or that my realities are standing out and easy to accept or maybe my efforts really changed so many things, or that the lessons learned has given me the appreciation of what I have at hand. Nonetheless, I will say...with a good head on my shoulders, so much love in my heart, and a great outlook on life itself...that I have never been happier or felt more secure in my life. Of course, being complete does not mean that I will not always strive for change and growth, that will be forever the case. 
I have a man in my life that I connect with more than I have ever connected with another person before, it is such a blessing that we have been reunited and recreated an amazing relationship.  It is always such a fun process to see what life has in store for you, it is an everlasting chain of events, but when you really pay attention to what you have and what is available for you and embrace it, your life can be exactly what you want it to be and sometimes, the answers and resolutions are right under your nose and you didn't even know it.  An open heart and an open mind, will take you to your destinations at any pace you want.
Life is basically pretty simple, it is how we handle and take on issues where the problems arise.  If we lay out the problems at hand and work through them step by step fast or slow...nothing can come out of it but resolution.  It may not always be what we wanted, but it will still be resolved. If you don't take on what you have and work at it, it is never going to go away, yet it will reappear over and over until you conquer it.  I, myself have quite a few issues I am working through that are pretty deep and effect my life in a dramatic way, I could be quite stressed about it and I am to a point, but I will not let it consume me, because I express it and talk about it and as I am doing that, I am resolving it and it will come to a better scenario soon enough. 
As I sat at my graduation listening to speakers and looking around me, so many thoughts and ideas were going through my head, almost crazy like at times.  I couldn't even keep up from the new thoughts coming out of my head, I took it all in and sorted it all out and realized many things that either were so deeply buried in my brain or just came out due to the closure of a HUGE part of my life...SCHOOL! Whichever it was, my realizations were awesome and feel so good.  So many heavy burdens have been lifted off me and it is such a relief to feel this, it took a couple days, but it finally here in my heart and soul.  
I love the new ventures that I will be taking on...My first and foremost is to be more relaxed and take in a bit more at a slower pace, listen better and consume others thoughts that are always being shared with me, but I always forget them because I am thinking 10 things at one time. You can lose so much doing that and it is something that bothers me daily.  I also started reading the Bible, I am not religious AT ALL, but I don't have a real answer to why I am not and this was brought to my attention and my only way to take judgment is too educate myself and so I am doing just that. I am spreading my wings and letting myself learn about the things in life that I may be against or simply don't know enough about to have the place to even speak about. So, I am going to engorge myself in knowledge in some areas that are grey for me! 
I will end this with the fact that you are in control of your own happenings and how you handle and deal with them is the outcome that you will produce. Take the time to weigh life out and feel it, then embrace it and do what you need to do with it. Remember, this is your life and your destination that you are leading, make your choices wise and positive so that you reap the rewards! 

1 comment:

  1. Sheryl you are such and inspiration for me right now I love reading your posts... Keep em' coming girl

    ReplyDelete