Sunday, March 13, 2011

SPEAK UP and Don't be scared to Share!!


I just had to blog about this because it happens every time I post a blog. 

There is one thing that I also learned the hard way and i will share with you, keeping your inner thoughts, feelings, opinion to yourself.  I was always scared to let out what I was thinking the majority of the time and then when I would finally let it out after holding it in, it was usually with some bit of anger or such strong emotion that I wasn't getting my true point across in the end.  Sharing yourself doesn't have to be a negative and 9 out of 10 times, it is very constructive for you and the opposing being.  

I am just amazed at the responses I get on my blogs, but not for others to see; instead I get the phone calls, emails, messages on FB, etc.  My overview, views and traffic sources on my blog are high numbers compared to the actual comments left for the public eye to see.  I do understand that in some instances, there is much need for privacy and I can respect that fully.  

What disturbs me with the lack of expression is this is the exact problem that we have in our society.  Through my experience and my eyes of life...I see that people have no problem jumping on the wagon of judgment against a person, persons, etc. on hearing a story one time or maybe not even hearing a whole story.  YET, we are scared to make a public judgment on the major issues in our lives that we have in the BIG picture. I think our focus needs to shift to something worth putting our time and energy into.  I have expressed myself numerous times regarding how I personally see people accepting so much that is wrong in our world and looking the other way.  This pertains to not just worldly issues, but our community, our personal lives, our children. I can't even tell you how this makes me feel.  By turning your head and accepting, you need to take on the fact that you are feeding the fire and contributing to the mess we are creating as a whole.

The bottom line is so very SIMPLE.....discuss your surroundings with others, learn from others....ALWAYS learn from others.  I am not saying that just because someone is strong in their sharing of opinions and strong minded...means that they are even remotely close to having knowledgeable insight in any particular matter, but at least do research to make an educated decision.   We have technology at our fingertips no matter what, use this to your advantage, I cannot tell you how many times I Google a day regarding so many items that arise in my daily life and out of that always comes a new lesson that is put into play.  

I guess my true reason for this blog is that it makes me sad that people are scared to express how they feel in fear of what others may think or say or argue, we can't play these cards or we will never prosper or grow. Self-confidence is a tool for your everyday life, it gives you such strength that will take you to places that you have never been. Accept yourself for you are and share that with others. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the messages, comments, phone calls, etc.  But I would love to see more of them as well publicly.  

Remember this is our life and we get only one chance to make a difference and you can't make that difference if you hold it inside!!!

HEAVY METAL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very good, Sheryl. Ya know, sometimes I'm TOO open and have been told I need to keep things to myself. I don't always think that's the right thing to do. But, things on my mind might just be what someone else needs to hear or has the same thing going on and maybe that helps open doors for them to get help, look at something differently, not feel like they are alone, whatever. One reason people feel they shouldn't say what's on their mind is because they feel they are alone, when in reality, most concerns are shared by many. I have found this very much to be true in this last 16 months. In ALL aspects, not just recovery. Thank you for sharing what's on YOUR mind! You rock, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete