Saturday, December 4, 2010

Friday Night Nerd Night


Do you ever sit and wonder what you are doing in life and where you will be going?  I do this often.  I am not sure if I want to just be alone for the rest of my life and do the things that I want to do with no issues.  I think that I finally know who I am and I want to enjoy myself and of course my girls, but they are going to be starting their own life paths within the next few years.  I have so many things that I want to do and so many years to make up of holding myself back from what I enjoyed.  As most of my friends went the opposite path that I did.  I graduated from H.S and bought a house, than got married at 20 and started a family at 23.  Than 12 years later getting divorced, graduating from college and all before 40.  My girls will be out of school in 4 years.  I have so many friends just started families or have young children.  I guess it is not bad that I went this way.  My plan is to travel if I can, of course I won’t be able to do much of that because I’m pregnant, but when the baby is born…I will.  My mind is always going and going and going on thoughts of what I want to do later in life.  I want to take in as much as I can and do as many things as I can.  I am blessed to be close to such an awesome City – Chicago – and by the time I get to explore as much as I want to, my little sister will be even more familiar being a city girl now herself.  I was down there this past weekend bringing her home and what an amazing, lifting feeling just being there.  I think too many people stay in one spot and don’t’ venture out.  I am not that person, yes I have been “tied” down if you will for many years raising my family, but the time is coming for Sheryl to really appear and I plan on taking it to the fullest extent.  I would love to do things with someone, but if it turns out that I am alone, I am good with that. Oh and by the way, if you don’t know me that well, I am a bit of a nut….I am soooooooooooo not pregnant, but it was fun to just write and I know I freaked some people out and that makes me smile J. A lot of people don’t know this, but I have such a love for the ocean, I sometimes feel that I was born there and taken away, kind of like a lifetime movie or something, I am quite different from my siblings, so maybe I better check into this.  So, the next best thing to the ocean since I can’t be there as much as I would like is a salt water tank, which I bought our family last Christmas…I love it, it is so so very relaxing to sit and watch.  I would like to add that it is so so very expensive as well, how hard is it to stay alive in this awesome tank that I built for you with all that sea life growing in the live rock and lives and, etc. These fish just die all the time, I think we have it down pat now, it is some major hard work.  Everyone told me that, but do I listen? Absolutely not, I always think I can troubleshoot and fix everything….I guess that is why I got into IT.  The only problem with that is what I can do and what I have done at home and for friends is nothing to what my guys do (my co-workers, I call them MY guys) I think I pretty much suck at it honestly, but I have a passion for it, so I will conquer it all, I’m very blessed to be able to have all of them to learn from. Plus , because I am so bossy, I decided that I am bypassing the tech work and I enjoy being the Boss Lady, I have a break from that at the level I was at right now and one step up from that at this point, and I miss it already.  I have become a control freak in my aging process.  I don’t know if it is because I’m just a jerk or if I will never let anyone have any control of me again in my life but whatever it is, that is who I am.  I think it is just a survival tactic. Ok, I have to break right now, I am actually sitting at home right now, chatting with an old friend  of mine, a special friend at that and watching my sisters and my niece at Joes Bar in Chicago while Jake Owen is playing live, I’m streaming it and watching….See what I’m talking about? I need to live a little bit more, school is over soon and then it is Sheryl time, time for me to finally take in life for me…Guitar lessons is #1 and then some fun classes.  I can’t wait!!! So much to do, life is good, I’m happy, I have made some much needed changes in my life recently and I know it was the right choices as well.  I will blog about that later.  For now, Curb your enthusiasm is on and I have a long day tomorrow and so I’m going to watch some TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment