Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weekend with myself, so much to do!


Even though I am trying to get over my pneumonia, I still have a weekend full of things to do.  I still have a couple more items on the Christmas lists, I have wrapping to do, purchasing the ingredients for baking day, vacuuming, laundry, some work, phone calls, Christmas Party and finalizing of all holiday plans.  I have been home all week very sick.  I, of course have totally rested up knowing this is a busy couple weeks ahead.  I am going to start my day with a nice cup of coffee, then I am going to head out and finish up my shopping - come home and wrap all of it - get ready for my party (which I will be laying very low) and then back home to rest up for baking day.  This is probably one of my favorite days, because I have made it a tradition with my nieces and nephews and my children and we haven't missed one yet.  There is no fighting, everyone is smiling and laughing and having fun and being creative together.  My nieces and nephews mean the world to me and with everyone so grown up now, I cherish this time with each of them ranging from 1 to 22.  I intend to continue this even to my great nieces and nephews and so on (lets hope that doesn't happen for years to come yet though!) I took tonight to enjoy myself alone and I actually did.  That is quite a feat for me and I am kind of enjoying it for once.
     I do not have class until January 3rd, so I will enjoy a mini vacation before my last 8 wks of college. WOO HOO!! I am trying to lay out my plans here for my up and coming year.  It has been nonstop hectic for the last 3 years and prior to that , working and adjusting to the huge life change I had made.  This is going to be the first time in 9 years that I will have a normal life.  Of course still crazy but I will be able to take a breath and remember what I did or said earlier that day, I sure hope that is changes my forgetfulness I seem to be holding onto so much lately. I have noticed as well, that I am always rushing the girls on their stories and happenings. I am really looking forward to being able to concentrate more on them now and enjoy their lives more now, deeper now. We are very close, I by no means am ignoring them...we have meetings every week for that reason, but I want to really HEAR them and comprehend and hold onto it.  I am also hoping for my blood pressure to stay down and to get off this medication for it, this will be part of my new found health plan for my family.  I am looking at a number of changes for 2011 and I am very excited, extremely excited!! 2011 is a big year for us...Me graduating college, Brianna leaving for college, me, Bailey and Cheyenne starting a new transition with Brianna leaving, more quality time, new hobbies for all, new health plans and better quality of life. I am looking forward to it all. I am wishing a prosperous year for everyone, it has been a rough go for so many people this past year more so than normal.  I only hope that all will find what they need in life, whether that is a job, financial relief, love...it is all out there waiting.
   I need to rest my exhausted body now for my busy rest of the weekend.  Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment