Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Money....What am I doing wrong? or.. am I doing it right?

Every day I wonder about something with money, as I am sure most of us do.  I am almost 40 and still not financially stable.  Yes, my paths in life were not what were planned the last 8 years and I definitely thought I would be somewhere else at this point.  I bought a house at 19, second house at 24, rented one of them out after I built mine.  I thought Man.....I am going to be so ahead of everyone when I am around 40.  Little did I know...that I would be filing bankruptcy and losing my home I raised my family in to foreclosure?  Again, I am never too proud to be honest.  I sincerely feel that all that I have gone through has made me such a better person and gave me such strength that I can now conquer anything that is put in front of me.  Of course, I would have liked to learn that a different way, but that is the way it happened.  I always seem to find a way to make things work, to come up with that money to get what I needed.  Maybe I didn't suffer as bad as some people may have, but that doesn't really matter, every one's problems are just as big as the next one, even if it may not be as substantial.  I managed to put myself through college, a good college at that, and continue to bust my butt working and raising three children on my own. It was definitely a struggle and I am done struggling and am ready to start bringing that money in.  Of course in the middle of a recession is not the best time to wish that, but it will happen.  I have too much ambition to seek out ways to do this.  I am not the kind that sits and tries to come up with an idea or scams though.  I look for something solid.  
Not that I obsess with what others have more than me or that I want to be something more materialistic at all, but I am most definitely tired of always seeing others spend this and that and wondering to myself, How the hell do these people afford this, when some are not working, or only one income, or a lot of children or big house, cars, etc.  I find myself obsessing with these thoughts at all times, it basically consumes me really. I can proudly say that I have no debt outside of my soon to be student loans and my car that has a few more payments left on it.  If I cannot pay for it with Cash (or my Chase debit card...I'm telling you GO NOW and open a Chase account) then I don't get it.  So, is that the answer?  Does everyone really manage and budget their money that well or are people charging and overspending?  Not that whatever choice you do is wrong, by all means, I am just curious.  I try to save, I try to be frugal.  Could I do both of those more?  Absolutely, I could...am I going to? Absolutely, I am going to.
I cannot express the amount of growing I have been doing with myself, I think that in the last year, I have grown so much, learned so much and not just life lessons, but about Sheryl. This makes it all easier to accept the struggle and keep going.  Maybe I will be financially secure, maybe really secure, or really secure..or maybe I will always just be making it (OK, no way will I always continue that) but I won't stop reaching for more and more, that much I can say. I may read a status on Facebook about something someone bought or even someone going to the mall or a new car or whatever and I find myself each time saying to myself...Sheryl that will be you soon enough, you have worked too hard not to have it.  I truly believe I will be financially set soon enough. I do take in account that I didn't go to school until 37 and then have been raising my girls the last 2 1/2 years pretty much with no income coming from elsewhere. That includes all medical, medical premiums, all aspects of school, haircuts, shavers, feminine products (3 girls), clothes, and I don't need to continue but maybe "someone" will read this and realize what I have on my plate. But, I am responsible for all of this no matter what and so it gets taken care of no matter what. But, I can sure tell you, doing this alone......takes that money far faster than before.  One thing about that though is....I don't need a single soul to make it, I can take care of my girls alone and be fine.  I do not need to rely on someone to put food on the table or a roof over our heads.
I just want to stop the feeling of wanting to have more and the constant battle of budgeting, you have no idea of the nights I just sit and write out all my bills, income and budget per week because of all the unexpected events that come up that were not planned. NO MORE CHECK TO CHECK.
Yet, all this money talk, I can say that I am rich with love, hope and pure happiness.  That is far more rewarding than any type of money, buuuuuuuuuuuttt; I will still take the money :)
So, the point of all of this is that.......this is the year of financial relief for me, it already is actually before the real 2011, I need to just follow my learning’s and make the right choices as I usually do and give up my Dunkin Donut Iced Carmel Latte's
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment